Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Divorce

The real question isn't "why the divorce," it's "why the marriage?"

I was stupid and in love and didn't think I could be a part of that 70% Navy divorce statistic. Me? Noooo, I'm too special and smart to be a statistic, and our love is stronger than most. Ugh.

Her situation at home was a factor, but I can't pawn it all on asshole step-dads. I'm not even sure now why I did what I did, it feels like my body was doing it's own thing for the past couple of years.

The best way I can describe it to Terin is that I felt like I was blinded by hormones, on autopilot. She thinks it's a cheap, cop-out answer; she thinks all my answers are cheap, cop-out answers. Whatever. She may be right, and soon she can be single and right.

I shouldn't have done what I did. At least I'm fixing it now before we're that crazy old couple, ready to blow up at each other at the drop of a pin. Hell, we're already acting like an old couple, and we're in our mid-twenties.

Whatever.

"Whatever" is becoming my new word of the day, everyday. It's good, though, in a volatile situation "whatever" is a bucket of water.



Whatever, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment